If you have employees who are work nights or late evenings, you might have a separate 'night' overtime pay rate for those hours. In CakeHR there is a feature to enable 'Night hours' to allow you to specify a range of hours that during during any shifts, will be considered as night hours.
Once enabled, these "night hours" will appear in a separate column in Excel export - very useful for accountants!
Enable Night hours
- Click on your name on the top right, then click Settings.
- On the settings menu click SCHEDULING , then click Schedule group.
- Next to a schedule group, click the LIMITS button.
- Under Night hours, select Enable "Night hours".
- Once selected, you are presented to specify what hours your night hours will be.
- Additionally, you can specify what is considered night hours for overlapping shifts.
🔧EXAMPLE: If you have night hours set between 21:00 and 06:00, and you choose 2 hours for this setting, then if a shift finishes after 23:00, those hours after 23:00 will be defined as night hours.
7. Click SAVE.