If you have a large number of employees, you can save time by importing your employee details, rather then manually setting up each individual employee.
To help you capture all the necessary details to import, you can download and complete an Excel template.
Download the import template
- On the main menu, click Company, then click Import.
- Click the Download template link.
- In your Downloads folder locate and open the CakeHR Import Template Excel file.
- Enter your employee details in each of the data fields.
- Once complete save the changes.
Import template data fields
To successfully import your employee details, the import file must having the following fields:
Required employee data fields
- First name
- Last name
- Work email - This will be used to sign into CakeHR. This is case sensitive so ensure no capital letters.
- Password - This must be at least eight characters long and must match at least three out of these four conditions: a lowercase letter, an uppercase letter, a number, and a special character. If you leave it blank, the employee will not have self-service access enabled.
- Employment start date - This field must be formatted as Date as DD/MM/YYYY.
Optional data fields
You can also enter other employee details, including date of birth, gender, home address, martial status, nationality.
To save time, we recommend you also complete the following data fields:
- Employment status - Enter Full-time, Part-time, Contract or Intern. If you leave this field blank, Full-time is assigned by default.
- Position - Type any value and the import automatically creates these positions.
- Reports to - enter the email address of the person who the employee reports to and who approves the employee's time off requests. If you leave this field blank, admin user is assigned as default approver.
- Location - Type any value and the import automatically creates these locations.