Employment statuses help you manage your employees, for example, to show whether they are working full-time or part-time in the company.
There are four employment statuses already set up in Cake HR:
You can add more employment statuses and edit the ones already setup in CakeHR.
Add a new employment status
📎NOTE: When you create a new employment status, the default full-time equivalent (FTE) will be 1.0. For example, if your full-time working week is 35 hours, that means 35 hours is an FTE of 1.0. If the new employment status is for those working 14 hours a week, then the FTE will be 0.4.
Only employees with administrator access can follow these steps:
- Click your name in the top right, then click Settings.
- On the Settings menu click EMPLOYEE DATA, then click Employment Statuses.
- Click ADD NEW.
- Enter the name of the employment status.
- Enter the FTE value (this defaults to 1.0).
- If relevant, select the Override the default weekend days for this employment type check box, then select which days you want to be weekend days for it.
- Click SAVE.
- To assign employees to this employment status now, select the relevant employees, then click SAVE. If you wish to assign these employees later, click CANCEL.
Below is an example of an employment status.
📌TIP: If you've already set up an employment status and want to edit the details, click the pencil icon.
Assign employees to an employment status
- On the Employment status, click on ELIGIBILITY.
- Select the employee(s) you want to assign to this employment status. You can search for them or click on 'cogs' for an advanced search using Team, Position and/or Location.
- Once selected, click SAVE.
📌TIP: To delete an employment status click the rubbish bin icon.
If you delete an employment status with employees assigned, they will automatically go back to No employment status assigned.
For further help on set up, go to our Welcome hub.