There are five different permission levels in scheduling:
- Adminstrators - This is the main CakeHR administrator access level. They can see and do everything in the system.
- Scheduling administrators - A unique employee who can see and do everything related to any employee who has scheduling. They have access to the Scheduling tab in the Settings menu and can also manage schedule groups - add/edit employees and managers assigned to them.
- Schedule group managers - Has the ability to add and edit shifts, but only for employees assigned to their schedule group.
- Employees using shift scheduling - Can use the schedule module to see their shifts and add their availability.
- Employees not using shift scheduling - no access to the scheduling module
📎NOTE: Only full administrators and scheduling administrators can access scheduling settings and see all schedule groups.
Set up Scheduling Administrators
Only employees with administrator or scheduling administrator access can follow these steps:
- Click your name in the top right, then click Settings.
- On the settings menu click SCHEDULING, then click General.
- Under scheduling administrators, type the name for the employee(s) you want to be the scheduling administrator(s).
- Set up your general scheduling settings or continue to scroll down, then click SAVE.
For further help on set up, go to our Welcome hub.