Use Timesheet groups to create multiple groups of employees and their timesheet managers, and ultimately give employees access to use the Timesheets module . This is perfect for different working patterns or managing timesheets for employees in different locations.
📌TIP: Once you add an employee to a timesheet group, the timesheet option appears in their CakeHR. If you want to make sure everything is set up first before you employees log in for the first time, then it is a good idea to set up working patterns before timesheet groups.
Only employees with administrator or timesheet administrator access can follow these steps:
Create Timesheet group
- Click your name in the top right, then click Settings.
- On the settings menu click TIMESHEETS, then click Timesheet groups.
- Click ADD NEW GROUP, then name the group.
- Select the settings you want to apply to this Timesheet group.
5. Click SAVE.
📎NOTE: The option Allow employees under their group to clock in from a mobile device does not mean within the CakeHR app but when you access CakeHR on a mobile device's internet browser.
Assign employees to a Timesheet Group
- On the Timesheet group, click on the ELIGIBILITY button.
- Ensure the ‘Employees’ tab at the top is highlighted.
- Select the employee(s) you want to assign to this group. You can search for them or use the advanced search to filter down to employees of a certain Team, Position, Location and/or Employment Status.
- Once selected click SAVE
Assign a Timesheet manager for a Timesheet group
Timesheet Group managers, as well as timesheet administrators and administrator, can approve submitted timesheets by employees in their group. To create a timesheet manager, you need to assign them to timesheet group.
- On the timesheet group, click on the ELIGIBILITY button.
- Ensure the ‘Managers’ tab at the top is highlighted.
- Select the employee(s) you want to assign as group manager. You can search for them or use the advanced search to filter down to employees of a certain Team, Position, Location and/or Employment Status.
- Once selected, click SAVE.
📌TIP: To edit a timesheet group click on the pencil icon. To delete a timesheet group click on the rubbish bin icon.
📎NOTE: If you delete a group with employees assigned, if they are not assigned to other timesheet groups they will automatically assign back to ‘Employees without timesheets’.
For further help on set up, go to our Welcome hub.