There are two ways to request time off in CakeHR:
- Click on + on the top right, then click New time off.
- On the main menu, click on the Dashboard, then scroll to Upcoming time off, then click ADD TIME OFF
📎NOTE: You can also request time off on the CakeHR app.
The next steps are the same regardless of which way you choose to request time off:
- You can add time off for yourself, or depending on your permissions, request time off for other employees too.
- Select the appropriate time off policy
- Fill out the criteria needed for the time off policy
- Click Submit.
If your time off request needs to wait for approval, you must wait for your time off approver to approve it. Your pending time off will show on your dashboard under Upcoming time off, and in your calendar. In both locations you can edit or cancel your request.