If you work shifts, often you may have the opportunity to choose or advise your work schedule. For example, you may need to advise you cannot work weekday mornings because you work a second job, or you have no plans on a certain day so want your employer to know you are available to work or be on call if needed etc.
Shift Scheduling in Cake HR supports such possibility with a feature that allows you to advise whether you can or cannot work on a certain date or time of day.
- On the main menu. Click SCHEDULE.
- Under the relevant date alongside your name, hover your mouse over a slot, then click the +.
- Towards the bottom left, click Add Availability.
- Specify the hours, then clarify whether you are advising that you are ‘Able to work’, ‘Available on call’, or ‘Unavailable to work’.
- If required, leave a comment.
- Click SAVE.
Tip: If you need to edit it at any time, just click on the availability, make your changes, then click SAVE.
If you need to delete it at any time, just click on the availability, then click the delete icon towards the bottom left
Note: Just because availability has been added does not prevent a schedule administrator from adding a shift on that date or time specified.