In CakeHR you may need to enter in the hours you have worked using Timesheets. This helps your employer work out salary owed as well as whether contracted hours are being fulfilled.
You may need to enter your hours manually for the following reasons:
- You have no default timesheet hours pre-filled from working patterns or from shift scheduling
- You need to manually adjust your pre-filled timesheet hours
- You forgot to clock in and/or out
Enter your hours
On the main menu, click TIMESHEETS (or on the menu click MY PROFILE, then TIMESHEETS)
At the top make sure you enter timesheet hours in the correct period. If you need to enter timesheet hours for a different period, click on the dropdown arrow next to the period, and select the correct one.
There are two ways to enter your hours:
Next to each day that you have worked, click in the column and enter or re-enter the times you:
- Clocked in and clocked out of work.
- If required, started and finished your break.
- Click on the green tick to save the changes.
- In the ‘Day’ column, click on the actual date.
- Enter your start time and finish time.
- If required, fill in your break start and break finish.
- If required, you can leave a comment.
- Click SAVE CHANGES.
- Once your time sheet hours have been entered or amended you will see your total hours and your Difference (contract hours minus your total hours worked).
Tip: At the bottom you can see you total ‘Total hours, ‘Contract hours’ and ‘Difference’ for the period you are viewing. This is a useful way to see whether you have worked below your contracted hours, or whether you are owed overtime or time in lieu.
Submit your hours
- On the main menu click TIMESHEETS (Alternatively, on the menu click MY PROFILE, then TIMESHEETS).
- Click SUBMIT.
- It will tell you total hours you have worked, and if you have worked overtime, your total amount of overtime hours.
- If you worked overtime, depending on the overtime settings, you may have the choice to split your overtime between 'Pay out' or 'Giving to a time off policy' (you cannot choose the time off policy, this is selected in timesheet settings by a timesheet administrator).
- Click SUBMIT.
Your time sheet approvers receive a notification about your timesheet and will need to approve it. You can see who your timesheet approvers are at the top of the page.
You can cancel your submitted hours at any time before an administrator or timesheet group manager approves it - Click CANCEL, then CANCEL again.
You can check the status of the timesheet next to the SUBMIT or CANCEL button. It will say one of three things:
- Awaiting approval