Only employees with administrator or timesheets administrator access can access these settings.
To get to Timesheets general settings follow these steps:
- Click on your name in the top right, then click Settings.
- On the settings menu click TIMESHEETS, then click General.
It is completely optional what settings you want to apply, as well as dependant on how your company runs.
Time off policies
Here you can select which time off policies will automatically adjust worked hours in timesheets.
You have an option to override already approved timesheet hours when editing time off requests.
You can set up your timesheets so that pubic holidays in your calendar will automatically reflect on timesheets as zero worked on that day. This is useful for businesses that do not work during public holidays
📌TIP: An employee can manually edit the timesheet hours for that day if they need to work on a public holiday for whatever reason.
Clocking in and out.
You can record your employees worked hours on timesheets by employees clocking into work via their CakeHR dashboard when they begin and finish their working day.
📎NOTE: Enabling this option does affect availability of settings in the Timesheet editing and submitting section.
This controls the length of the period you want to appear on the timesheet.
Decide whether you want the timesheet period to show:
You have three options for pre-filling your timesheets
- Don’t pre-fill – If you choose this option, hours will have to be manually entered into the timesheets
- Pre-fill from working pattern – If you choose to create working patterns as part of your Timesheets set up, hours specified in them show pre-filled on timesheets. Employees can be assigned to different working patterns.
- Pre-fill from scheduling – This only shows if you have the Shift Scheduling module. If you have added shifts in the schedule, you can link your timesheets to shift scheduling so that it pre-fills timesheets with the hours set in scheduled shifts.
This controls what you want to have showing on a timesheet.
- Contract hours column - This shows working hours defined in working pattern
- Difference column - This shows the difference between working pattern and the actual hours worked
- Total overtime hours above timesheet
- Timesheets for future periods - If enabled, timesheets until the end of the year are made available. Useful for forecasting and planning work.
Timesheet editing and submitting
This allows you to limit how and whether employees can edit their timesheet hours.
📎NOTE: Some options may not be available if you have enabled clock in.
Alert about difference from working pattern
You can control whether you want alert icons to show on a timesheet for certain scenarios:
- If hours are different from working pattern
- If hours are more than in working pattern
- If hours are more than a specified number of hours
📌TIP: Make sure to click SAVE at the bottom of the screen if any changes are made.
For further help on set up, go to our Welcome hub.