CakeHR comes with a built-in newsfeed that enables your company to easily share updates with employees! Not using this feature yet? Don't feel let out: begin with an introduction.
This article describes how to create & publish an Announcement.
What do I need to create an Announcement?
ℹ️ An admin-level access to Announcements functionality OR admin-level access to CakeHR account
ℹ️ Announcements feed should be enabled
Let's begin by venturing into the newsfeed which is accessible via Announcements tab in the vertical navigation bar, on left-hand side:
Click "Add Announcement". A modal window will open. Here you can enter & modify everything from the contents of your Announcement:
- Title of the Announcement is the header of your announcement while Body is the area to place the main text on the Announcement
- You can edit the body with the markup editor, as well as insert clickable links
- You can edit Author and Topic of the Announcement. Click here to learn more about Topics
- To upload the images simply drag & drop them into the area shown in the modal - they will be uploaded automatically
- If you wish to send an email to your employees when your Announcement is published, check the Notify employees checkbox. This will send a message to work emails of your employees & help to draw more attention to your post.
If you have decided to continue working on your Announcement later rather than posting it right away, simply click Save as draft. Drafts are kept until you decide to publish them (or delete). This is particularly useful for Announcements which need to be repeated from time to time!
Saved drafts can be accessed via View drafts button in the feed:
To continue working on Announcement simply click the pencil icon.
When ready - Click Publish. This will immediately display the Announcement in the feed. If you chose to notify your employees - they will receive an email with the link to this Announcement!
We hope that this quick article about Announcements was helpful! If you have questions about this or other functionality of CakeHR, please message us using the support widget in the bottom-right corner.