Before you use Development goals, we recommend that you go through development goal settings. Here you can allow employees to edit their own development goals, create and edit development templates, and create and edit development methods.
📎NOTE: Only employees with administrator access can follow these steps.
Development goal settings
- Click your name in the top right, then click Settings.
- On the settings menu click PERFORMANCE, then click Development goals.
- Select whether you want to allow employees to edit their own long term and short term development goals.
- Click SAVE.
Development goal templates
These are a list of standard competencies to improve on. These templates appear in a drop-down when an employee adds a new development goal when they use the development goal module.
- Under Development goal templates, click ADD TEMPLATE.
- Name the template.
- If required, enter a description.
- Click SAVE.
📌TIP: To edit a template click on the pencil icon next to it. To delete a template click on the rubbish bin icon next to it.
These are ways that employees can develop their competencies. For example, a training course.
- Under Development methods, click ADD DEVELOPMENT METHOD.
- Name the development method, then click SAVE.
📌TIP: To edit a method click on the pencil icon next to it. To delete a method click on the rubbish bin icon next to it.
For further help on set up, go to our Welcome hub.