Follow these steps to create an expense to submit to your employer.
📌TIP: You can also add and submit an expense using the CakeHR app.
- Click on the ➕ on the top right.
- Click New expense.
- If you are an administrator, ensure you select the relevant employee.
- Enter a date.
- Select an expense category.
- Enter an amount.
- If required, upload an attachment. Click on the paper clip icon or blank space next to it, browse to the file, click Open.
- If required, add a comment for context for what the expense is for.
- Click ADD.
Below is a screenshot of an expense being created
Once an expense has been added, if you go to your profile, then on the profile menu click EXPENSES, you can see your expense listed under Unsubmitted.
📌TIP: To edit the expense click on the pencil icon. To delete the expense click on the rubbish bin icon.
If you click on the eye icon, this will show all the details of the expense, which you can print if needed if you click on the printer icon.
When ready, the next step will be to submit the expense.