When used together, Leave management module & Timesheets module of CakeHR allow to accrue time off allowance based on the amount of time logged via Timesheets. We'll describe how to set it up in a few easy steps.
ℹ️ What do I need to configure this?
- Active Leave management module
- Active Timesheets module
- Admin-level access to CakeHR company account
- Let's begin by opening the Settings menu from the profile menu (1). Then let's navigate to the list of Time off policies, appearing under 'Time off' section of the settings (2). When the list opens, click 'Add new policy' (3).
2. Let's configure the time off policy to accrue time off based on timesheets! First, let's specify the allowance equivalent that will be allocated for every 1 hour or day of work.
💡 Use decimals for higher precision! In this simple example below, every 1 day of work will earn 0,5 hours of time off.
3. Now let's select the source of time information to pick up employee's hours from. To use Timesheets as data source please select 'Timesheets':
4. Reset dates will determine when the accrual cycle ends. That's when accrued days will be nullified - unless you allow carrying over days into the next cycle.
Configure these parameters as required and click 'Save' button in the bottom of the modal window.
5. Last step! Specify the employees who will be accumulating and requesting time off using this policy. When done please click 'Save'.
Congratulations! 🌟 Your employees will now accumulate time off allowance based on the amount of work logged via Timesheets.
💡 IMPORTANT NOTE!
Once the policy and Timesheets have been configured for an employee, declining an already approved Timesheet will take away the equivalent of accumulated time. Approving a Timesheet will increase the time off balance by the appropriate value.
Below you can find some answers to the frequently asked questions connected to this functionality.
❓ When will the earned time off will be actually allocated to the employee?
New time off will be accrued for an employee when an employee's Timesheet is approved by a manager.
If Timesheet is declined, the equivalent of the accrued time off will be taken away.
❓ How can I see the history of accruals that were earned by my employee?
Every transaction triggered by Timesheets will be logged in Time off ledger report.
❓ How to set up Timesheets for my employees?
If your employees do not have access to Timesheets yet, please read this article:
We hope that this article about Timesheets-based Time off was helpful! If you have questions about this or other functionality of CakeHR, please message us using the support widget in the bottom-right corner.