Certain type of absences may require being backed up by a document. In CakeHR it is possible to allow employees to provide these documents alongside their time-off requests. You can also determine if having the attachment will become mandatory based on employee's absence history.
To set up this feature you must have:
- Active Leave management module
- Administrator-level access in CakeHR
- Click on your name on the top right, then click Settings.
- On the settings menu click TIME OFF, then click Policies.
- Click ADD NEW POLICY.
In the screenshot below you can see step 1, 2, and 3.
4. Scroll to the bottom and click on Additional fields.
5. Select Allow to add an attachment when requesting time off using this policy to see all the available options.
6. There are three behaviours to select from:
- Attachment is not mandatory - an option to add a file will be presented to an employee when requesting time off via current policy, however, it will not be enforced
- Attachment is always mandatory - an employee won't be able to submit the request without having attached the file
- Attachment behaviour based on conditions - if selected, attaching file alongside time off request will be mandatory based on individual employee's absence history.
📎NOTE: If you want to add an attachment based on conditions, there are three conditions to choose from:
- A number of approved occasions of absence - an occasion is a single case of absence. This can be any duration, as long as it's taken as a single request.
🔧EXAMPLE: If an employee has requested three days off (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) as one request - this would still be a single occasion. If the same employee has additionally requested one day of sickness leave on the Friday, then altogether it would count as two occasions of absence.
- A number of consecutive days of absence - an uninterrupted series of days when an employee is absent every day. This can be taken in multiple requests.
An absence that covers Friday and Monday (with a weekend in between), or any other working day absence according to Employment Status, is considered an absence of two consecutive days.
- Tracking period - duration when the conditions above are met.
Add extra fields to attach a file to time off request
You can add an attachment type custom field that is used when requesting time off on this particular policy.
- When editing a time off policy, click on Additional fields then select Show additional fields below "Details".
2. Click the MANAGE FIELDS button, then click ADD NEW to create a new custom field.
3. Enter a name under Field name, select Attachment, then also select Field is mandatory to make an attachment mandatory on submission of the time of request.
4. Click SAVE.